Guide By Your Side Program
Providing unbiased emotional support and resources by trained Parent Guides to families with children with hearing loss.
The Power of Parent Support:
Every family who has a child who is deaf or hard of hearing has a different story to tell, yet we all share a common bond. At Hands & Voices, we understand the power of parents
coming together to support and learn from one another. Families who are just beginning the journey can learn from veteran parents, the challenges as well as the joys, of raising a child who is
deaf or hard of hearing. For many parents, their only regret in the ‘early years’, is not connecting to other parents sooner!
What the H & V Guide By Your Side Program Provides.....
- A Parent Guide to listen and share resources.
- Unbiased Support.
- Compassion and knowledge from parents who have a child with hearing loss.
Why is Parent Support Important?
- Families learn about all communication options and resources.
- Parent Guides can share their family experience traveling down the same path.
- Information and support offered allows families the tools to navigate challenging systems.
Who's eligible for the Guide By Your Side Program?
- Families receiving services in the state of Washington.
- Families who have a child who has hearing loss or a hearing loss is suspected.
How Much Does it Cost?
- The Guide By Your Side program is free to families.
This Is What WA State Parents Are Saying:
"It was nice talking with another parent whose child had hearing loss and other health issues that I could identify with."
"Thanks again for your knowledge and time. You have been so helpful!"
"Thank You for the resources! My husband and I felt, in regard to programs it needed to make sense for our whole family."
"Thanks for reminding me that I'm my Child's best advocate and for being by my side."
Contact Information for the Guide By Your Side Program
Christine Griffin, Program Coordinator